June 30, 2023
Cooperative Family Fund created this Privacy Notice to demonstrate respect for your privacy preferences and to disclose our information collection and sharing practices.
This Privacy Notice explains how Cooperative Family Fund, Inc. (“CFF”, “we” or “us”) collects and processes your Personal Data. Each time you use our Site, the current version of the Privacy Notice will apply. Accordingly, whenever you use our Site, you should check the date of this Privacy Notice (which appears at the top) and review any changes since the last version. This Privacy Notice is applicable to all Site visitors, registered users, and all other users of our Site.
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to any identifiers, including, but not limited to, your name, address,, driver license, personal identification card number, passport number, or phone number.
By visiting https://www.cooperativefamilyfund.com (the “Site”), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Privacy Notice and consent to our data collection, use, sharing and processing practices as set forth in this Privacy Notice.
The Personal Information We Collect
Depending on the type of communication or transaction, we may collect and process the following the personal data:
- date of birth
- postal address
- telephone numbers
- email address
- credit card, bank information or billing information
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information
- Information about your visit
- Location information
Personal data we collect from others – this is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites (operated by us, or another member of our group) or use any other services provided by another member of our group or us.
Non-personal data – We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g. Desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
We may use Non-personal data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
We may also collect and process information about your interactions with us, including details about our contacts with you through email, SMS, U.S. Post, on the phone or in person (i.e., the date, time, and method of contact), details about donations you make to us and any other support you provide to us. We may also collect and record any other relevant information you share with us about yourself, including your interests or your affiliations with other charities, community groups, your employer or a Cooperative Family Fund corporate partner.
How We Use Your Personal Data:
We will only process your Personal Data including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business and commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
We may use Personal data for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from your donation or support, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and support services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about our mission or our activities;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- To organize events that you have registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- To process donations and sponsorships;
- To provide our newsletters, brochures, and publications, provided you have given your consent;
- To respond to your questions and provide related services;
- To provide you with information about other events and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or attended, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent;
- To respond to applications for volunteering;
- To the extent required to provide our services, we share your Personal data with volunteers, nonprofit organizations, your employer, or our corporate partners;
- Where we are required by law to disclose or otherwise use your information.
Information we collect about you. We will use this Personal Data:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including marketing, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- If you make a donation to track your donation history;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To answer emails or questions we receive from you.
We Do Not Knowingly Collect Information From Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to provide us with their personal information without verifiable parent or guardian consent. If you are under 18, do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone numbers, or email address, unless you have your parent’s or guardian’s permission. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and do not have a parent or guardian’s consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
In accordance with certain state laws, minors under the age of 18 may remove or request and obtain removal of content and information that they post on the Site.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 18, or if you wish to remove or request and obtain removal of content and information, please contact us at the following email address: ______________________________.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of Information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Information we collect online.
The Personal Data that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Data is submitted through our Site, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States where there are varying U.S. federal and state laws, and industry recognized data protection requirements in place.
Cooperative Family Fund May Share Your Personal Information:
- We may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice with:
- With a member of our group
- With partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, your employers, or other non-profits we collaborate with
- Credit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers, Payments by Check or Money Order and Online Financial Transactions. CFF utilizes third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing services and order fulfillment services. If you choose to make a donation online, by phone, through the mail or by other means, we will share your personal information with our processing service providers
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site
- Trusted third-party companies and individuals that assist us in analytics and in the improvement and optimization of our Site
How Long We Store Your Personal Data:
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
In order to provide certain services and goods at our website, we contract with other companies and individuals. These additional services and goods may include “links” to other websites from our website. Cooperative Family Fund’s privacy practices may not be applicable at any third-party sites. Anytime you leave the Cooperative Family Fund website, we have no control regarding what information may be collected about you, nor do we control what third-parties might do with the information. Therefore, it is important that you review any privacy policies on third-party sites carefully, BEFORE you use any services or programs offered.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and International Users
We are headquartered in the United States. Your Personal Data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who are located in the United States and or worldwide. If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central dataset is operated. By using our Service, you consent to any transfer of this information.
Contacting Cooperative Family Fund About Privacy Preferences
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Data) removed from our records, please contact us via one of the methods listed below:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, or by contacting us via one of the methods listed above.